Ugh, still not allowed!

A place to chat about anything else to do with Crested Geckos.
pinstripe

Ugh, still not allowed!

Post by pinstripe »

I have been trying to get a gecko since probably about May last year, but my mum still won't let me! I've been researching them, so I know how to keep them. I don't see why she won't let me keep one, there doesn't seem to be a viable reason! :(

Does anyone have any ideas about how I could persuade her?

DodoBird27
Crestie citizen

Re: Ugh, still not allowed!

Post by DodoBird27 »

I had that problem with my parents at first, what a pain. =/ (now they can't even keep track of what's in which tank xD) I just kept telling them that aside from snakes, cresties are probably the easiest pet to take care of. Fairly cheap to keep too after the initial purchases. Do you have any other pets to prove that you are responsible enough to take care of another? Have they given you a reason for not letting you keep one, or is it just the "I'm the parent, don't argue with me" reason? Don't give up!

1.0.0 Ball Python-PJ
1.0.0 Kenyan Sand Boa- Casper
1.3.0 Crested Geckos- Doon, Samy, Izzie, Phoenix
1 male adorable, dorky, mutt- Sonny
RIP Rio

pinstripe

Post by pinstripe »

DodoBird27 wrote:I had that problem with my parents at first, what a pain. =/ (now they can't even keep track of what's in which tank xD) I just kept telling them that aside from snakes, cresties are probably the easiest pet to take care of. Fairly cheap to keep too after the initial purchases. Do you have any other pets to prove that you are responsible enough to take care of another? Have they given you a reason for not letting you keep one, or is it just the "I'm the parent, don't argue with me" reason? Don't give up!

I have told my mum that they are really easy to care for, and that they are cheap as well. I have a fish tank and two rabbits, which my mum knows that I look after well. Yeah the "I'm the parent, don't argue with me" reason occurs, she says that "I've said no and that means no, stop going on about it your not getting a gecko". She also has said that she doesn't want the house turning into a 'zoo', which I know what she means but it won't happen, we have a lot less pets than other people.

Don't worry I won't give up :-D

crestedgeckos

Post by crestedgeckos »

Where abouts in the house would the Crestie go?

Just trying to think why your mum might be saying no, if it hsd to go in the lounge or somewhere out of your bedroom then maybe your mum just does not want a tank in the house?

pinstripe

Post by pinstripe »

crestedgeckos wrote:Where abouts in the house would the Crestie go?

Just trying to think why your mum might be saying no, if it hsd to go in the lounge or somewhere out of your bedroom then maybe your mum just does not want a tank in the house?
The gecko would go in my bedroom, i have about 3 foot x 1.5ft of space on my chest of drawers.

crestedgeckos

Post by crestedgeckos »

Have you got a reptile shop nearby that you can take your mum to so she can see one? Surely she wont be able to say no if she sees one in the flesh!